LOLITA PANK calls you to participate in the Second Edition of Franziska. Moving Image Meeting
Lolita Pank is a platform that connects, spreads and promotes creative projects which are made mainly by women.
*FRANZISKA is an international moving image meeting that shows contemporary audiovisual creation made mainly by women, this one certainly questions the modes of production, distribution, and consumption of moving images. The program includes a physical exhibition, a cycle of projections, chats, workshops, and parallel activities.
WHAT IS THERE AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TIME? It is the question that is part of this second edition of Franziska which will work in order to inquire into how would a counter-history of the hegemonic be like in order to imagine other kinds of narratives that have been part of the average, common, dominant or even normative speeches that have permeated the way of understanding art, gender, sexuality, image, technology, and language.
The *FRANZISKA 2020 program will be certainly articulated in four kinds of curatorial projects:
● NUEVA ERA: unpublished projects or even published projects.
● ERÓTICA: erotic, sexual, pornographic projects but focused on educational proposals.
● LIPSYNC: action-performance pieces that are activated through social networks (Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook), web pages and live performances (via streaming).
● IMAGINARIA: proposals which imaginary contents fit the matters of this edition.
*Franziska is the name of an asteroid belonging to the asteroid belt which was discovered on October 27th, 1903.
LOLITA PANK invites both emerging and well-known artists, from any region of the world, regardless of their age in order to present moving image proposals to participate in Franziska 2020.
1. Interested people may submit their proposal for one of the following categories:
a. EXHIBITION PROPOSALS: These proposals are certainly designed in order to be presented in an exhibition room.
b. SCREENING CYCLE: In this cycle you will be able to see video pieces (experimental videos, footages, animation, cut out, documentaries, short films, gifs, video series, (TV) series, video clips, etc.) with a *maximum duration of 20 minutes, using an mp4 format and HD quality. Videos that will be received in any kind of language, but this material has to be subtitled in Spanish.
2. The artists from any country in the world may apply as long as they present their application form in Spanish.
3. *Up to ten proposals will be selected for each category. The selected video pieces (category B) will be shown together within a projection cycle.
4. The selected works will be presented at the exhibition organized within the framework of the second edition of Franziska, from September 24 to October 10, 2020
Terms and Conditions
1. The selected projects of artists not resident in Mexico City will be worked remotely in coordination with the Lolita Pank team.
2. All the pieces will be subject to technical adjustments, which will be agreed with the participating artists.
3. Technical requirements will be negotiated between artists and organizers.
4. Lolita Bank does not cover the cost of moving the work to the exhibition site, travel costs or per diem for the selected people either.
1. The selected people will receive curatorial support, exhibition space or projection, and technical advice
1. Interested applicants should fill out the registration form with their contact details and the proposal information at the
2. Please send your documentation (listed above) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
This is the documentation :
a. Portfolio of work in PDF file (max. 10MB), maximum 10 pages.
b. Description of the proposal in PDF (max. 10MB) with the conceptual explanation, and:
i. For exhibition proposals: images, assembly instructions and technical requirements.
ii. For proposal for projection: link to video (vimeo, youtube, dropbox) falta agregarlo and access codes (if applicable) to the proposed video.
The files must be identified with the name of the applicant, as follows: lastname_name_portafolio.pdf (pank_lolita_portafolio.pdf) and lastname_name_proposal.pdf (pank_lolita_proposal.pdf).
They will only be received proposals to the indicated email. They will not be considered as delivered, shipments by WeTransfer, Google Drive or similar systems.
3. Proposals will be received by Saturday, May 30th at 11:59 p.m. (Mexico City time). There will be no extension or late proposals received.
1. The selected projects will be notified to each artist via email and announced on Lolita Pank’s social networks on July 1st.
2. Any not foreseen situation according to these rules (already mentioned and agreed) will be solved by the organizers.
* subject to change.
Doubts and questions
Download full open call in (spanish, english, português)